Ultra Swamp is a free virtual synthesizer instrument for Windows.
Ultra Swamp is completely reworked version of Swamp/Swamp XT so there are a lot of differences to the prior versions and a hugely increased sonic potential! It’s really for the good, the bad and the weird sounds thus ranging from sweet over dark to really strange and crazy stuff; transforming the wave samples beyond recognition. And it’s not just for pads and atmos but also for snappy percussive sequencer sounds.
Although it does look not a very complex synthesizer – don’t let yourself get fooled by this as the sonic results will prove different, as you can check with the sounddemo videos. This is a very versatile synthesizer but is fairly easy to edit. The patch programmers had so much fun with it they did 3 complete additional banks of more incredible patches for the Pro version!
Ultra Swamp Features
- 2 x PCM wave oscillators with 256 waves in 2 banks as primary soundsources.
- 1 x Ringmodulator per voice as 1st secondary soundsource.
- 1 x Timbremodulator per voice as 2nd secondary soundsource.
- 1 x Filter – (LoPass), ADSR EG with Vel control on Attack & Decay, and 3 Response Modes.
- 1 x 4 channel adaptive mixer for cutoff modulation.
- 1 x VCA EG (ADSR).
- 1 x Pan.
- 3 x LFO.
- 1 x S&H.
- 1 x DLFO (Double LFO with two outputs and phaseshifting).
- 1 x special Pitch LFO with Speed Up/Down options.
- 1 x ADSR EG as modsource for RM / TM.
- 1 x Gator not only on Level but optional for Filter and delay Pan too.
- 1 x Delay with several options for panning delayed signal.
- 1 x Stereo Flanger.
- 1 x Stereo Reverb.
- 1 x Bass Enhance.
- 1 x XY-Joypad with 6 controls for 12 destinations and optional display for LFO & Aftertouch motion.
- 3 x Lazy Buttons.
- 3 voices, 128 patches.
- Two hidden easter egg gimmicks.
Ultra Swamp for Windows (VST) is available to download for free. There is also Ultra Swamp Pro version with more features available for the introductionary price of 24.50 EUR / $34 USD until June, 6th 2011 (regular price 39 EUR).
Visit: H.G. Fortune