Virology 2 is a Kontakt sound library based on the sounds of the famous Access Indigo2 / Virus C synthesizer, and gives you a wide collection of vivid and powerful sounds of the original VIRUS synthesizer.
Most of the patches are velocity sensitive and they have been designed for live performers, so a good midi keyboard which supports velocity and aftertouch is highly recommended.
Over 400 patches in total, based on 3.4 GB 24 bit multisamples
The [All Layers] is a special folder for sound designers. It contains all of the instrument layers separately. The patches are “clean”, without any filter effect and with default envelope settings. They can be useful if you want to create new sounds from scratch.
Please note that Virology 2 requires the full retail version of Kontakt (v5.1 or more recent version), as it is not compatible with the free Kontakt Player (it will stop working after 15 minutes).
Virology 2 Features
- new ergonomic user interface
- new re-scaled faders (see pdf below for the details) for a natural feeling
- more than 100 custom made knobs, faders and switches to control the most important parameters of the synth
- customizable global MIDI implementation for 24 controllers
- host automation for 24 controllers
- 30 types of filter in 3 real-time switchable filter slots
- fully editable effects: equalizer, 2 types of distortion, delay, 2 types of reverb, comp
- 2 independent LFOs (waveforms: sine, triangle, square, saw, random) with tempo sync option, allowing modulation for 4 destinations: pitch, filter, volume and pan
- extensive modulation options for external sources: velocity, mod-wheel, channel aftertouch, random.
- template load/save option for sound design
Virology 2 is available to purchase for 29 EUR.
VIsit: PinkNoise Studio