FireBird 2 is a free software synthesizer instrument for Windows.
FireBird features what Tone2 claims is a “new, unique sounding synthesis” – Harmonic Content Morphing (HCM) – see below.
Harmonic Content Morphing (HCM) Synthesis is based on a large and expandable repertoire of standard waves like saw or pulse as well as complex waves like multi waves, trumpets, organs, pads, pianos, and voice samples. These waves can be modified in real-time by, for example, transposing the wave by one or two octaves and adding it to the original wave, altering its harmonic structure, syncing, compressing or expanding the frequency domain of the spectrum, making the wave fat using only one oscillator by transforming each wave into a hyper-wave, selecting some cycles of a sample and moving through them over time (comparable to wave-table synthesis). Any modification of a wave can be modulated producing lively shimmery sounds. In total there are more than 14,000 different spectra available for combination and modulation.
FireBird 2 Features
- Very easy to program and easy to use.
- A unique sounding synthesis: Harmonic content morphing (HCM).
- High sound quality: Warm, transparent.
- 437 hand picked presets included, over 1000 sounds available.
- 84 oscillator types containing 18,000 morphable waveforms.
- 38 different filter types.
- True stereo mode, 4x unison mode, and up to 8 oscillators per voice.
- Can sound like other synthesis methods – additive, subtractive, AM, FM, phase distortion, supersaw, vocoder, sync.
- Can sound like natural instruments like piano, brass, organs…
- 23 spectral manipulations or “modifiers” can be applied to the oscillators.
- 21 arpeggiator types.
- 13 effect types.
- Skinable user interface.
FireBird 2 for Windows (32-bit VST) is a free download.
Visit: Tone2 Audiosoftware