GTG PD 9 is a freeware VST instrument plug-in for Windows PC.
I always liked the SE Phase Distortion Oscillator. But somehow I also felt it had its limitations. For instance, some combinations of waves created unpleasant rumble or odd harmonics. Also I was missing enough deep bass with some patches. That`s why I tried to make a PD synth with a bit more attitude.
The PD9 has fast envelopes, a snappy pitch modulation function and a sine wave sub-oscillator, slightly detuned. Also, for patches that sound too boomy I have added a Low Cut filter. This makes the synth ideal for guitar-pickingsounds and thinner solo synths. The Pitch Mod Envelope creates snappy crunches or brassy attacks to the sound. Chorus and Delay makes the otherwise somewhat static sound more lively. I hope you find this little synth usefull.
GTG PD 9 Features
- Simple Phase Distortion synth, decicated to 70?s bass and lead sounds.
- Fast envelopes, a snappy pitch modulation function and a sine wave sub-oscillator, slightly detuned.
- Two inter-modulating oscillators.
- Pitch Mod Envelope creates snappy crunches or brassy attacks to the sound.
- Low cut filter, delay, chorus, equalizer.
PD 9 is available as a freeware VST instrument for Windows PC.
Visit: GTG Synths