Shekrs is a freeware virtual shaker instrument for Windows.
3rd in the ‘reception models’ series (original models by jacky-lee) based on his loo-roll, yogurtpot and papercup shakers.
There are five shakers,each plays a one beat ‘sha-ker’ sound. You’ll find them on notes C#2, D#2, F#2, G#2 and A#2 only. (click on the cups to see the notes and hear the sound).
Start by drawing some notes in your sequencer, eg four beats on C#, then use the speed control and the fine speed adjust to get it in time with your song.
- Speed (and fine adjustment), pitch shift and volume amount for each shaker.
- Modulation controls (grids): amount, shape and speed, one set for each type.
- Decay envelopes.
- Hipass and Lowpass filters + resonance and filter decay.
- Hold buttons to override decay envelopes.
- Reverse/forward, x2 doublespeed, and loop controls.
- Master speed.
- Mixer/panning and master volume.
- Distortion/bitcrushing and boosting effects.
Shekrs is available as a freeware VST instrument for Windows PC.