Kotkas has announced that Paax 3 Pro
, a VSTi sampler plug-in for Windows, is now available for free (it previously cost $45).Paax 3 Pro Features
- 256 simultaneous voices.
- Optimized audio engine (~20% faster than v2.x).
- New Multi-mode filter (low pass, high pass, band pass, band stop) with up to 30 dB res.
- Improved MicroGranular time-domain technology for advanced time-stretching and pitch-shifting; individual settings for sound duration, fundamental (tone) and harmonics (timbre) transposition.
- New direct disk streaming option for straight-from-the-drive sample playback (no need for lots of RAM).
- Access to the advanced control panel, for tweaking each split-layer-channel.
- Up to 4 stereo VST outputs with individual attenuation and pan controls. Different splits can be routed to separate outputs.
- Up to 8 configurable stereo effect units (4 pairs, one per VST output).
- Up to 128 presets per bank.
- Up to 84 splits per preset and 8 dual velocity-layers (16 samples) per split.
- Plays 8/16/24/32 bit, mono/stereo wav files @ any sample rate.
- Imports SoundFonts (.sf2), DS-404 (.404) and AKAI S5000/6000 programs (.akp).
- Low aliasing resampling technology, 32 bit audio engine.
- 3 envelope controls (DAHDSR) per preset: amplitude, pitch and filter cutoff.
- 3 configurable LFOs per preset: tremolo, vibrato and filter cutoff with optional delay.
- All envelopes and oscillators can be synchronized to MIDI tempo.
- Bank format offers choice for embedded or referenced samples.
- Fully automatable at the preset level.